a more or less weekly digest of juicy stuff
- do you even lift? the ugly truth is that most startups do not get acquired for a billion dollars, most shallow products are just worthless nonsense and most of the people who build them aren't really that brilliant. they are just lucky. highly recommended
- programmers need to learn statistics or i will kill them all, this article is my call for all programmers to finally learn enough about statistics to at least know they don't know shit. i have no idea why, but their confidence in their lacking knowledge is only surpassed by their lack of confidence in their personal appearance
- statistical formulas for programmers
- yet another optimization article, if you make an optimization and don't measure to confirm the performance increase, all you know for certain is that you've made your code harder to read (pdf)
- you are not your code, a critique of your project is not tantamount to a personal attack. it is simply the result of a regenerative process, driven by an unending desire to improve the status quo
- the law of leaky abstractions, the only way to deal with the leaks competently is to learn about how the abstractions work and what they are abstracting. they save us time working, but they don't save us time learning
- executable & linkable format 101, a linux executable walkthrough
- science as falsification by karl popper, it is easy to obtain confirmations, or verifications, for nearly every theory - if we look for confirmations
- a simple explanation of how money moves around the banking system, great read
- this is a motherfucking website, and it's fucking perfect
- rfc 3092, etymology of "foo"
- war on terror, the board game
- cachemonet, is an exploration into the serendipitous collisions that occur between two randomly generated arrays. the arrays contain a mix of custom and found .gifs sourced from tumblr and are set to music. addictive
- an instagram short film, short film by thomas jullien
Want more ideas like this in your inbox?
My letters are about long-lasting, sustainable change that fundamentally amplify our human capabilities and raise our collective intelligence through generations. Would love to have you on board.