a more or less weekly digest of juicy stuff
- forgotten employee, very recommended read
- social anarchy in software development
- why can't programmers... program?
- you're not a software development manager, you're a software helper
- finding great developers, the great software developers, indeed, the best people in every field, are quite simply never on the market
- how to kill an unresponsive ssh session
- 12 silly things people believe about computers
- the only valid measurement of code quality: wtfs/minute
- whitespace, once you know how to design and manipulate the space outside, inside, and around your content, youll be able to give your readers a head start, position products more precisely, and perhaps even begin to see your own content in a new light
- how print design is the future of interaction, regardless the debate of whether print is dead, print design is not
- why it's wise to hire people smarter than you
- 10 heuristics for user interface design by jakob nielsen
- ten principles for good design by dieter rams
- why waiting in line is torture, instead of reducing wait times, they moved the arrival gates away from the main terminal and routed bags to the outermost carousel. passengers now had to walk six times longer to get their bags. complaints dropped to near zero
- placebo buttons, the problem here is that some buttons in modern life don't actually do anything at all. the magic between the button press and the result you want is all in your head
- 10 life lessons from calvin & hobbes
- stanislav petrov, the man who saved the world by doing nothing
- the world's most dangerous hot dog stand, the soviets thought the hot dog stand in the pentagons center courtyard was the pentagons most top secret meeting room, and the entire pentagon was a large fortress built around it. rumor has it that during the cold war the russians never had any less than two missiles aimed at this hot dog stand
- all i own, photography project by sannah kvist
Want more ideas like this in your inbox?
My letters are about long-lasting, sustainable change that fundamentally amplify our human capabilities and raise our collective intelligence through generations. Would love to have you on board.