4 months development time, uncountable hours of work, 170 svn revisions,
about 50 fixed bugs, 40 new features, at least 2 easter..ehm christmas eggs
and pretty high number of actual code changes. and yes,
we are donating the numbers i mentioned above to YOU!
and yes you are right again, you can get our packaged parcel by pressing here.
what is it?
Cheese is a Photobooth-inspired GNOME application for taking pictures and videos from a webcam. It also includes fancy graphical effects based on the gstreamer-backend.
what's changed in 0.3.0?
- add a shutter sound, when taking a photo
- sort the thumbnail chronologically
- make the effect chooser look a bit nicer
- give thumbnails a frame like in nautilus and eog. fixes bug #500819
- enable shortcuts if the mouse pointer is over the xoverlay. fixes bug #493196
- add new shortcuts
- space for take a photo/start-stop recording
- ctrl q for exiting
- f1 for help
- delete for removing a photo or video
- add a gconf backend
- chosen effects are stored in gconf. fixes bug #488834
- store the used webcam device in gconf. partially fixes bug #473038
- use a throbber, when the camera is loading
- add drag and drop support to the iconview
- vertical and horizontal flip were switched. fixes bug #479238
- many usability improvements. partially fixes bug #501337
- point to the right homepage in the about dialog
- add a boilerplate for a manual in cheese. partially fixes #480628
- make video and photo button a toggle button. fixes bug #498022
- make links on about dialog clickable. fixes bug #499425
- translate menu items created by gtkuimanager, fixes bug #500821
- change the first item in menu to "Cheese"
- add a "Move all to trash" option
- use gtkuimanager for the menu
- give the ability to record videos from the menu
- provide access to the effect chooser using the menu
- use radio buttons in the menu to change between photo and video mode
- use HAL to detect webcams
- make ximagesink an xvimagesink work for all cameras
- only use raw video formats. fixes bug #502174
- use the highest resolution for each camera
- add --verbose command line option, fixes bug #499399
- cheese was refactored and uses now a webcam class
- removed some memory leaks
- fixed many, many bugs
- added/updated translations
- ar, courtesy of Djihed Afifi
- ca, courtesy of Carlos Garcia Porcel
- cs, courtesy of Vitezslav Kotrla
- de, courtesy of Andre Klapper
- el, courtesy of Athanasios Lefteris
- es, courtesy of Jorge González
- fr, courtesy of Pierre Slamich
- gl, courtesy of Ignacio Casal Quinteiro
- it, courtesy of Alessandro Falappa
- nb, courtesy of Kjartan Maraas
- oc, courtesy of Yannig Marchegay
- pt, courtesy of Miguel Rosa
- ro, courtesy of Anastase Valentin
- sl, courtesy of Deni Bačić
- sv, courtesy of Daniel Nylander
where can i get it?
you can get it by pressing here
what does it look like?
with this christmas release we wish you all a happy christmas and a good start into the new year. we would love to get some christmas pictures of you and your friends, family, childrens, santas and reindeers ;)