yeah, so long.. soc is finished by about 34 minutes ago and cheese is about 95% of my expectations and initial proposal. of course i wont stop here, and develop cheese further on, with some kick-assing-ideas until we finally can teach people, that some fresh cheese is even better than premorse apples..
now this is the real "dot-oh"-release, even if there is a "one" at the end, have fun with it!
what is it?
Cheese is a Photobooth-inspired GNOME application for taking pictures and videos from a webcam. It also includes fancy graphical effects based on the gstreamer-backend.
what's changed in 0.2.1?
- improvement the video pipline. and i mean a LOT of improvement
- add a countdown, when taking a photo
- add a time counter to the video recording
- added the following export methods/capabilities:
- open the file with gnome-open
- save as dialog
- send by mail
- export to flickr
- export to f-spot
- set as account photo
- we found the bug! v4l works now, courtesy of Patryk Zawadzki
- added a popupmenu to the iconview
- added some parts of the lucas(R)-eye of gnome iconview
- if the same effects were chosen in photo and video, they wont apply. fixed
- the first item in the iconbar wasnt deleted. fixed
- updated translations:
- cs, courtesy Vítězslav Kotrla
- fr, courtesy of Pierre Slamich
- it, courtesy of Alessandro Falappa
- nl, courtesy of Wouter Bolsterlee
- pt, courtesy of Miguel Rosa
where can i get it?
check out the cheese homepage, which is pretty old
what does it look like?
this screenshot is a special one, dedicated to one of the great guys of gnome
Want more ideas like this in your inbox?
My letters are about long-lasting, sustainable change that fundamentally amplify our human capabilities and raise our collective intelligence through generations. Would love to have you on board.